“Sluggish Liver” is a broad term that refers to a liver that is functioning suboptimally. In general, the term is applied to a disease-free liver that nonetheless performs sluggishly. A healthy liver fulfills over 500 functions, holds about thirteen percent of the body’s blood supply at any given moment, and filters over a litre of blood each minute! It contributes to production of over 13,000 different chemicals and maintains over 2,000 internal enzyme systems.
Even when the liver is overworked, it is very slow to complain. Often, people with liver problems are completely unaware of them because they exhibit few, if any, symptoms. Incredibly, the liver will continue working even when two thirds of it have been damaged by scarring (cirrhosis).
Symptoms of a sluggish liver may include:
- sensitivity to caffeine or medication
- skin problems (acne, rashes, or psoriasis)
- difficulty with fatty foods (nausea, headaches, or heartburn)
- excess body odour
- food allergies and sensitivities
- difficulty losing weight
Most people will suffer from a sluggish liver at some point in their lives, given the heavy toxic load that the body bears on a daily basis.
Renew Life’s Solution For Sluggish Liver
Detoxify and improve
Absorb toxins daily with
Improve overall liver health and
function with omega-3 oils
Avoid excess toxins:
- Avoid processed foods, as they contain chemical additives and preservatives which strain the liver.
- Use natural household cleansers and personal care products to avoid extra chemicals.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.