Diarrhea is the frequent passage of soft, loose and liquid bowel movements, and is caused by either inflammation of the gastrointestinal lining or secretion of fluids into the bowel. Fluids are usually secreted to flush toxins and pathogenic microbes from the bowels. Along with causing inconvenience and discomfort, chronic diarrhea disrupts the electrolyte balance of the body, leading to dehydration and alterations in blood chemistry, which are serious health hazards.
Some causes of diarrhea are:
- viral and bacterial infections (e.g., food and water contamination)
- food sensitivities and allergens (e.g., lactose, gluten)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- autoimmune reactions (e.g., inflammatory bowel disease)
- endocrinal diseases (e.g., hyperthyroidism)
- prescription drugs (e.g., antibiotics)
Renew Life’s Solution For Diarrhea
Break down and
Re-establish good bacteria
Soak up water in the digestive tract
with soluble fibre
Avoid food allergens:
- In the case of chronic diarrhea, test for Celiac disease and other serious food allergies.
- Test for possible food sensitivities with an elimination diet. This can be done by removing suspected foods from the diet to see whether symptoms improve. Wheat and dairy tend to be big triggers.